Southern Conference Champions - 2003, 2007, 2010, 2012
FCS Playoffs - 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016
FCS Playoff Semifinalists - 2003
FCS Playoff Quarterfinalists- 2016

Moderators: dungeonjoe, BestOfBreed

Re: Clemson Predictions

Postby TerrierDomination on Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:01 am

In response to Wofford Dude from Montana:

I agree - high chance (almost guarantee) that Wofford get's blown out - but I thought and had the same feeling in 2011 against Clemson and then again in 2012 against Carolina and my oh my how I was wrong. (Baylor doesn't count) and GA Tech had to play a new style of offense to beat us and we didn't adjust.

So here's what I've decided from here on out - I'm not giving up faith on our Wofford Terriers - if Wofford plays Wofford ball - put it in 3 inch bold letters on the herald news paper "Wofford WILL win"

LET'S GO DOGS! I'M PUMPED AND READY!
TerrierDomination
Junior Terrier

Postby lawdog on Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:45 am

+1

We can focus on what we do well and give great effort, and the rest will have to take care of itself. We have played Clemson and USC very competitively of late. And don't forget that in other respects our athletes are often competing successfully against both schools ... basketball, soccer, baseball, golf. I think we will beat the spread, and don't be too shocked if .....

Baylor was an aberration; they were simply on fire their first 7-8 games, beating their next five opponents worse than they did us.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby woffordgrad94 on Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:07 pm

I think this Clemson team might actually be the best football team we have ever faced before. They are legit Top 10 material and will most likely be in one of the major bowls and perhaps even the four team playoff provided their QB remains healthy. Clemson is my second favorite college football team, and I am very excited about their season.
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Postby Abey Ward on Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:09 pm

I'm calling a bookie and betting we beat the spread.
Go Wofford I'm about an hour away from leaving 1036 miles of ROAD TRIP.
Abey Ward
Junior Terrier

Postby Ruckus on Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:50 pm

Safe travels, Mr. Ward, from Okla. That's an awfully long way to come but what a great weekend in store. If you have never been to Clemson and Death Valley on game day, it is something to see. The best 30 secs in college football, as they say.
As for the spread, I am seeing we are getting 47.5. I am not a betting man but I would take those points.
As for the prediction that Clemson is a top 4 team, I am not at all sure about that. Maybe they can be but there are big question marks to be answered: DL depth, LB inexperience, youth in all phases of the game, OL may have holes, transition to new O-coordinator, no real running game (as opposed to Watson just taking off or the jet sweep), and unlike us, a head coach that is, shall we say, a CEO-type, cheerleader.
They will have to go a long way to better than the Baylor team we played in 2013 and even the Wisconsin team in '09. Maybe they will be. I would have never thought OSU could have won it last year and they did.
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby Tnterrier2 on Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:20 pm

The line is 47.5?! Daggum. I would've thought 21 but not that. If we turn the ball over I could see it being that, otherwise there's no way. But as I've said, we could play well and still get beat by 3 or 4 touchdowns.

Ruckus you are exactly right about Baylor. Clemson is really good, and considering we've had trouble beating the teams in the upper half of our own conference the last couple of years, let alone a top 25 FBS, we have to be realistic. But for those in attendance that day in Waco (and I say that because tv won't do it justice), that Baylor team may have been the fastest I've ever seen on offense top to bottom. You had to see it live to get the true perspective. Clemson doesn't have 5 receivers, and a running back that fast. They have one or two, but not as many as Baylor did. They ended the year as the second highest scoring offense in the history of FBS. As good as Clemson is, I don't believe they are that.
Tnterrier2
True Terrier Fan

Postby Ruckus on Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:31 pm

The whole Baylor team was fast. Defense too.
And Wisconsin was HUGE. Something else you'd have to see in person to understand. O'Brian Schofield their OLB/DE was the biggest fastest player I have ever seen live in a college football game.
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby Tnterrier2 on Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:44 pm

Chris said to me after the game: watching on film doesn't prepare you for the speed we just witnessed..

You're right on offense and defense. Baylor fumbled 4 times in the Oklahoma State game that kept them out of the national title game. Otherwise we might be talking about the time we played the 2nd highest scoring offense that went on to win the national title.
Tnterrier2
True Terrier Fan

Previous

Return to Football