Really enjoying the "Mic'd up series.....

Southern Conference Champions - 2003, 2007, 2010, 2012
FCS Playoffs - 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016
FCS Playoff Semifinalists - 2003
FCS Playoff Quarterfinalists- 2016

Moderators: dungeonjoe, BestOfBreed

Re: Really enjoying the "Mic'd up series.....

Postby lawdog on Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:52 pm

Good catch, Ruckus. He looks bigger than 222. Mangum looks pretty stout too.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby boulder3m on Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:08 pm

Ruckus- Sounds like you have a daughter who made a great decision. That she is a fellow cheerleader is impressive as well. From the days when we were all male and chose our female partners (Converse students) solely by their athletic ability...sure we did- Wofford has come a long way. The fact that she is your daughter tells us that she knows football and will know what cheer is appropriate at what time. It's been a long time since my daughter graduated, but the tariff has always been high. Looking to the future I have a granddaughter in the 7th grade who is a special talent in soccer and a great student who at the moment has as a goal to play for Wofford. The guess here is that before it is over she may be shooting higher than that, but both parents graduated from Wofford. Congratulations-we know you are a proud Dad!
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Postby Ruckus on Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:46 pm

Many thanks Boulder! I cannot guarantee she will know when and what to cheer but I would hope so. She is athletic - played basketball and tennis (state champ team) in high school as well as cheering. So she wanted to cheer at WoCo (like her mom at FU). She always liked sheering at games rather than competitions. But she is worried I will embarrass her at games with my yelling. Ha! I make no guarantee of that.
Most of all, I hope she develops the personal bonds and friendships that I was fortunate enough to there (and still am). Hope your granddaughter does too, regardless of her soccer choice. Wofford is not perfect but is a special place that makes a mark on your life for years after you graduate. It becomes your home.
And for TnT2 and T19, I hope your sons experience the same......and get the thrill of winning some championships along the way!
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby dungeonjoe on Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:34 pm

My son at Wofford will be a senior this year. As far as his getting a lot out of Wofford, I tell people he loves Wofford more than St. Peter loved the Lord. Glad to hear about your daughter, Ruck.
"There are things that you value and things that you will fight for. That is what today's all about. We fight for that short-haired dog and that name across your chest." Mike Ayers
dungeonjoe
True Terrier Fan

Postby Loyalterrier on Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:57 pm

Loyalterrier

Previous

Return to Football