Question--How good can we be?

Southern Conference Champions - 2003, 2007, 2010, 2012
FCS Playoffs - 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016
FCS Playoff Semifinalists - 2003
FCS Playoff Quarterfinalists- 2016

Moderators: dungeonjoe, BestOfBreed

Re: Question--How good can we be?

Postby Ruckus on Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:43 am

Putting Chris in our return game is the best news I have heard in a while.
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:50 am

+1. Thanks for that TnT2. It appears that Lemon, the freshman, may be able to offer some valuable minutes at DB from the word go. Same for about 4-5 of the other new guys at other positions, who appear to be ahead of the curve.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby Tnterrier2 on Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:15 am

I have been impressed with Lemon, I met him in the spring. Like all guys though, you never know how they'll do until they put the pads on and have to hit someone. Stoddard is a example of that, he looks great, and don't get me wrong he will help us, but when he put the pads on he wasn't quite ready yet.

Lots of folks have to stay healthy for this return game thing to go according to plan.
Tnterrier2
True Terrier Fan

Postby 19TERRIER19 on Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:15 pm

tn2 Appreciate your post. As a fellow parent of a player, I am too of the very same thoughts and energy. I am RJ Taylor's father #19, and I can't even explain to folks how hard he and his friends are attacking this off season. That very same energy that this is the year is permeating throughout the team, we feel it here in KY as well. We couldn't be happier with the choice to attend Wofford over our other options as well, and can't wait to light it up this season. I think folks will be blown away at the product we put on the field this season. CANT WAIT _ Bart Scott Voice
19TERRIER19
True Terrier Fan

Postby Hobo on Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:20 pm

19TERRIER19 wrote:tn2 Appreciate your post. As a fellow parent of a player, I am too of the very same thoughts and energy. I am RJ Taylor's father #19, and I can't even explain to folks how hard he and his friends are attacking this off season. That very same energy that this is the year is permeating throughout the team, we feel it here in KY as well. We couldn't be happier with the choice to attend Wofford over our other options as well, and can't wait to light it up this season. I think folks will be blown away at the product we put on the field this season. CANT WAIT _ Bart Scott Voice

me either!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKnG06-oYcg
Hobo
True Terrier Fan

Postby FUBeAR5467 on Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:12 am

I like these 2 posts.

Postby walliver on Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:25 pm - I believe this team could be very good. A win against Clemson would be a near miracle, but every other game on our schedule is winnable. Idaho may be FBS, but not very good FBS, although the long trip may work against us. Chattanooga is the cream of the crop in the SoCon this year, but we get them at home. Of the remaining contenders: WCU, Samford (who we beat last year), and FU are at home. The Citadel is on the road (which tends to help us). 8-3 or even 9-2 is possible. The key is getting past Gardner-Webb. Another bad start and this season could be like the last 2.

Postby Ruckus on Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:09 pm - Chatty is very likely the second best team on our schedule. From there, Idaho, GW, WCU and Sammy are prolly pretty close with the Reese Hannon led Furples really close behind. CID will be even better and could be the surprise of the conference. This is a tough slate. Glad we have the tougher ones at home (except CID whom we historically play better on the road).

Based on what you saw in Spartanburg in the last game of the season last year, I absolutely understand them, but I still like them...a lot. :D
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he today that sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother.

FUBeAR5467
Junior Terrier

Postby Tnterrier2 on Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:26 am

Thanks 19! I've only had the chance to speak to RJ once, very good young man. Glad he's a short haired dog. All I'll say is-CAN'T WAIT!
Tnterrier2
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:35 pm

Jaleel and Evan telling it like they see it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN6ZmdjPQxo

BTW, Alyse High, volleyball player, does a great job with the mike. Another Wendy Nix?
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby Loyalterrier on Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:33 pm

Tnterrier2 I also want to thank you for your post. You are in a position like 19T19 to provide the inside scoop. I like that kind of stuff. Welcome to our board and I look forward to reading your stories about our Terriers. Good luck to your son. Go TERRIERS !!!!! =D> =D> =D>
Loyalterrier

Postby Tnterrier2 on Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:24 pm

Thanks Loyalterrier!! I have really enjoyed reading the board the last few years. I'll give what little inside information I get. Some stuff though I'll have to keep to myself. Like..I know a lot about the coaches that have left the last couple of years, and those 5th year seniors that left as well, but unfortunately I can't speak on any of it. But I will say...every situation had a unique factor that led to it happening, and I would say it's NOT any one thing about the overall status of the program, especially not money.
Tnterrier2
True Terrier Fan

Postby wocomouth on Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:39 am

This has got me excited about the season. Thanks for some inspiration. Can't wait to fire up the computer in early September and listen to Hauser and Henson.
wocomouth
True Terrier Fan

Postby Loyalterrier on Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:15 pm

Tnterrier2 I fully understand as well as agree with your position on the sensitive info that you are privy to. I would not expect anyone to make something public that would be unethical or put someone in a bad light.

I am getting more excited. I have thought for a while that this will be a good if not great year. But I am trying not to get overly excited. Maybe the Clemson game and/or the TTU game will show us something. GO TERRIERS !!!!!!!!!
Loyalterrier

Postby Ruckus on Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:40 pm

Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby TerrierbobII on Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:35 pm

I hate this time of year. Dogless days of summer.
TerrierbobII
Junior Terrier

Postby Ruckus on Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:51 am

Incoming freshman George Gbessee tweeted tonight that he is probably out for the season due to a stress fracture and torn rotator cuff in his shoulder. Not sure he wouldn't have been reshirted anyway but this removes him from the equation. Bad news is he can't practice and get acclimated to the college game. Tough break.
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Football