FCS Playoffs - 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016
FCS Playoff Semifinalists - 2003
FCS Playoff Quarterfinalists- 2016

Moderators: dungeonjoe, BestOfBreed

Terriers Come Home

Postby BestOfBreed on Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:54 pm

http://www.wtoctv.com/Global/story.asp? ... 2&nav=0qq9

Terriers Come Home

Statesboro is home to Georgia Southern but to four guys from Wofford Saturday felt just like a home game, exactly like one. It's not that the fans didn't do there part to intimidate, it's that Ron Flott, Josh Rowe, Seth Goldwire and Chris Collins all grew up playing football in the shadow of Paulson stadium. A year ago Flott and Rowe were suiting up for SE Bulloch. Two years ago Seth Goldwire was taking people out for South Effingham while Collins suited up for Benedictine.

"My brother got to get to the game," said Terriers center Chris Collins. "He hasn't seen many this year but for the most part I saw a lot of my friends I have not seen in a while."

"I have been pumped for it all year, ever since I committed to Wofford," said Terriers Db Ron Flott. "It is great, it is great beating (GSU) them."

While the win was rewarding the guys had some mixed emotions because of their childhood memories in the place.

"Growing up I always went to GSU games every Saturday after my HS games and tailgated with the coaches and the family," said Terriers linebacker Seth Goldwire. "I also watched my cousin Lynon Jefferson play for GSU."

"I remember many a game sitting up there when I was little and watching GSU and thinking how cool it would be to sit on there sideline," remembered Collins. "But today it was nice being on our sideline because we got the victory."
BestOfBreed
Site Admin

Return to Football