1 Year Old

Southern Conference Champions - 2003, 2007, 2010, 2012
FCS Playoffs - 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016
FCS Playoff Semifinalists - 2003
FCS Playoff Quarterfinalists- 2016

Moderators: dungeonjoe, BestOfBreed

1 Year Old

Postby BestOfBreed on Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:18 am

I started Terrierfans one year ago tomorrow, on October 14, 2005. I was simply looking for a place to discuss Wofford athletics and it didn't exist. Luckily, it was a slow Friday at work that day so I put the site up and registered the domain name. Here we are almost one year later.

First off, I would like to thank DungeonJoe for agreeing back then to help moderate the site and give the place a little class :) Thanks Joe.

Second, I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to come to the site and especially for posting. It's been quiet at times but I've enjoyed reading the thoughts and information that everyone has brought to the board. Keep it up.

Plans for year two? Thus far the advertising for the site has been word of mouth. Most likely everyone here found the site from another board. One of the things I've been working on lately is making the site more search engine friendly. I still have some work to do on that front but we're slowly moving up the search pages. To be honest, there's not much in the way of a budget for marketing. I don't take donations nor does the site generate any money. If anyone has any thoughts or ideas for improvements then feel free to let me know. Hopefully, we can keep growing in year two.

It sure would be nice if we could beat App State for a cool little birthday present :)

Thanks again everyone for coming!
BestOfBreed
Site Admin

Postby Terriertime on Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:04 am

BOB, thank you for all that you do for this board and Wofford Athletics. I think it's been a great way to get exposure out for Wofford.
Terriertime

Postby Wingbone on Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:22 am

Breed,

Happy Birthday!!!! And thanks, this forum is great and a super add on for Wofford Athletics.

GO Terriers!!
Wingbone

Postby trojans2176 on Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:07 am

Congratulations! :D
trojans2176

Postby terrierbob on Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:33 am

It's nice to have a "home" and not have to visit the furman site to get news, smack, etc. They're a bit arrogant, if you haven't noticed.
terrierbob

Postby gofurman on Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:58 am

terrierbob wrote:It's nice to have a "home" and not have to visit the furman site to get news, smack, etc. They're a bit arrogant, if you haven't noticed.

Sorry if some of my brethren are a little arrogant......For the most part our board is classier/more subdued than many......I sure hope you beat App this weekend!
go paladins
Socon's winningest program
88' national champions
85' 01' national finalists
gofurman
True Terrier Fan

Postby GoldandBlack on Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:34 am

My thanks, also, for this classy site. After seeing some of the other boards, it has reminded me of how fortunate I was to have attended Wofford.

I'll be there this weekend pulling for our Dogs- Go Terriers!
"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects."
~Will Rogers
GoldandBlack
True Terrier Fan

Postby terrierbob on Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:00 am

gofurman wrote:
terrierbob wrote:It's nice to have a "home" and not have to visit the furman site to get news, smack, etc. They're a bit arrogant, if you haven't noticed.

Sorry if some of my brethren are a little arrogant......For the most part our board is classier/more subdued than many......I sure hope you beat App this weekend!

Postby fgs44 on Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:38 pm

My thanks to you---It has been very enjoyable---It would be a nice birthday present for the Terriers to prevail over the Mountaineers this week------
fgs44
True Terrier Fan

Postby dungeonjoe on Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:28 pm

I am glad to be part of this place, thanks for asking Breed! Except for the occasional advertisements that slip through and one or two other times, this board has been a breeze to moderate. I don't know if that is because of the Wofford way or not.

I enjoy my time here and Thank you breed for the work you have done to get this place started.

To all of you, keep dropping by and posting. Tell your buddies from Wofford about this place... may we grow even more in the years to come!
dungeonjoe
True Terrier Fan

Postby Eyes of Old Main on Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:05 pm

Congrats on the 1st anniversary. As someone who used to post a lot on other boards and grew tired of all the superfluous stuff, Terrierfans has been a blessing.

It's nice to have a place to discuss things in a civil manner with informed fans of several schools. It's also invaluable since I live out of the SoCon's geographic area and news is hard to come by, not to mention Wofford's traditional "loose lips sink ships" mentality to releasing information.

Congrats on the quality site and great start and here's hoping there are many more anniversaries to come.

As far as advertising, word of mouth is probably the best way, but also the slowest moving. I would imagine that the coming year will see more, faster growth as more people tell others and word gets around.
Eyes of Old Main
True Terrier Fan

Postby OL FU on Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:46 am

Three cheers for Best of Breed
OL FU
Dungeon Joe's Gopher Boy

Postby OL FU on Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:46 am

OL FU wrote:Three cheers for Best of Breed

do you really have to put Terrier pup under my name :twisted: :D
OL FU
Dungeon Joe's Gopher Boy

Postby BestOfBreed on Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:54 am

OL FU wrote:do you really have to put Terrier pup under my name :twisted: :D

Keep posting. It goes away pretty fast :)
BestOfBreed
Site Admin

Postby dungeonjoe on Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:56 am

OL FU wrote:
OL FU wrote:Three cheers for Best of Breed

do you really have to put Terrier pup under my name :twisted: :D

I can think of several names for you my friend..... :D
dungeonjoe
True Terrier Fan

Next

Return to Football