ASU

Southern Conference Champions - 2003, 2007, 2010, 2012
FCS Playoffs - 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016
FCS Playoff Semifinalists - 2003
FCS Playoff Quarterfinalists- 2016

Moderators: dungeonjoe, BestOfBreed

Postby terrierbob on Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:18 pm

woffwoff wrote:I am not one for moral victories either. This was not a moral victory. As long as we are content to say "we fought hard" we will not win a championship.
The defense seemed to suffer from a bit of nerves at the get go but what a game they played. The offense is dismal. I am not impressed, and yes, I know terriertime "I don't go to the practice" but I do go to the games and the O-line is not working as it is now. We need some fire in our bellies and I ain't seein it . As long as we say that moral victories are good enough, as long as hanging close to tough teams is enough to make us pat ourselves on the back and say Job well done, we will never reach the playoffs again.

The 14 points were the fewest scored by the Apps during their 22-game home winning streak … the pervious (sic) low was 21 versus East Tennessee State in 2003 and James Madison earlier this season … the last time ASU was held to 14 or less at The Rock was in its last loss at home, a 14-13 setback to Maine in the 2002 playoffs
terrierbob

Previous

Return to Football