Congrats / Thougts from a Furman Fan:

Southern Conference Champions - 2003, 2007, 2010, 2012
FCS Playoffs - 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016
FCS Playoff Semifinalists - 2003
FCS Playoff Quarterfinalists- 2016

Moderators: dungeonjoe, BestOfBreed

Congrats / Thougts from a Furman Fan:

Postby gofurman on Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:40 pm

Congrats on a good game! Seriously, You have a disciplined team as always. I just don't think you have enough on the O and D lines to compete at the top right now. Our 'special teams were just awful today - 0/2 and a delay of game on field goals....KO return we gave up (that is first of the year os congrats on that)...(of course we took one in too)...and that brain fat on the punt where you blocked it partially and then we stood around and let your guy come by and run it in - brilliant :)....At least on the onsides kick at the end we realized only the O can go get it before it goes ten yards and we did. I do think our D is really good against the run (held you all to less than 150 I think) and our D only gave up 7 points (other two scores were punt and KO return....also our D was scored on when you had a short field after our horrible punting (about the 40). Comparitively, I think you hung 28 on SC State, 38 on Coastal, and 20 on USC! Your game plan was a good one - STACK THE MIDDLE SO FELTON IN BETWEEN TEH TACKLES AIN"T HAPPENIN'....Took us a while to adjust with some throws to the outside and sweeps - funny to see a 250lb Fullback take a sweep :). Anyway, I was also really impressed with Kevious speed but I'll keep Felton as he changed your entire gameplan on D leaving the edges wide open.. Congrats on a classy fanbase and well played game - NOW GO BEAT APP AND GSU!!!!!
go paladins
Socon's winningest program
88' national champions
85' 01' national finalists
gofurman
True Terrier Fan

Postby Eyes of Old Main on Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:55 pm

Thanks for the comments. I couldn't make it to the game, but listened to it. Honestly, I wasn't sold on Furman after the first couple games, but the ease with which you guys handled Western and Wofford have made me a believer. Good luck the rest of the way and one day we're going to figure you guys out. I still say we collectively need to come up with a trophy for this game (similar to Western and Apps Old Mountain Jug).
Eyes of Old Main
True Terrier Fan

Postby furman94 on Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:55 am

How about an old 1-85 road-sign?(Inerstate 85 rivalry)
furman94

Postby Eyes of Old Main on Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:24 pm

An I-85 sign might be good. Or maybe something with a textile theme. But, not sure if they still market Clemson/NC State as the "Textile Bowl".

As much as it pains me to say it, though, make sure you get something you guys like since you seem to always be the one winning our games between each other.
Eyes of Old Main
True Terrier Fan

Return to Football