Furman 35 Wofford 21

Southern Conference Champions - 2003, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2017
FCS Playoffs - 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016
FCS Playoff Semifinalists - 2003
FCS Playoff Quarterfinalists- 2016, 2017

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Furman 35 Wofford 21

Postby BestOfBreed on Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:23 pm

Furman played well on both sides of the ball. Congrats to the Paladins. Special teams will cost them against better teams though. Good crowd for Furman although I think Coastal travels a little better than them. Not sure.

I thought Wofford's defense played pretty well. Other than the blown coverage on a touchdown pass they hung in there. Little things like the offsetting personal fouls allowing Furman to replay 3rd down after being stopped hurt big time.

Offensive play calling was simply awful. The combination of Furman's defense and the offensive play calling = defeat.

Again congrats to Furman.
BestOfBreed
Site Admin

Postby dungeonjoe on Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:28 pm

I listened to most of it on the radio as i traveled today. Wofford has to play perfect to beat a team like Furman; we played far from a perfect game.
dungeonjoe
True Terrier Fan

Postby BossTerrier on Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:36 pm

Furman played well. To whichever Furman fan that dismissed special team play has having a role in this game, well...

Where was the Wofford team that played Carolina? We looked like a team that had two weeks off. Play calling was inconsistent, and poor player mgmt with QBs did not help.

I disagree regarding the defense. We cannot, I repeat cannot, defend the pass. That inability opened up the run for FU and we were done for.

1-3 pretty much indicates we've got to win out. Let's start a new season next week. I think that the team that played Carolina will show up and we should have a pretty good game against The Citadel.
BossTerrier

Postby palafan on Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:38 pm

Paladins played well. Special teams continue to need work. They were good last week, poor this week. Spotting someone 14 points just isn't acceptable.

Furman held Wofford's defense to 143 yrds on the ground. Obviously the defense is the most marked improvment over last year and has proven once again to be a force.

Jerome Felton 97 yrds two touchdowns. Renaldo Gray 10-12 for 106 and a td.
palafan

Postby BestOfBreed on Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:37 pm

As a side note, the clock operator should probably be looking for something else to do on Saturdays. Operating a game clock is not something they are suited for.
BestOfBreed
Site Admin

Return to Football