Where's Widmyer

Southern Conference Champions - 2003, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2017
FCS Playoffs - 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016
FCS Playoff Semifinalists - 2003
FCS Playoff Quarterfinalists- 2016, 2017

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Where's Widmyer

Postby Rowdy on Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:06 pm

I didn't get to see the game or listen to much of it on the internet, but in perusing the box score, I didn'r see Widmyer's name in the statistics. Is he injured?
Rowdy

Re: Where's Widmyer

Postby BossTerrier on Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:31 pm

Rowdy wrote:I didn't get to see the game or listen to much of it on the internet, but in perusing the box score, I didn'r see Widmyer's name in the statistics. Is he injured?

paper said he was out due because he had his knee scoped on Tuesday. I had no idea about this until this morning. I was at the game and was shocked that he didn't play. I have to say that perhaps the reason we did well on offense was consistency from one QB?
BossTerrier

Postby BestOfBreed on Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:26 pm

They said on the radio that he might be back for the Furman game. Seems like I heard them say Baker might give it a go for the Furman game too.
BestOfBreed
Site Admin

Postby gofurman on Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:37 pm

BestOfBreed wrote:They said on the radio that he might be back for the Furman game. Seems like I heard them say Baker might give it a go for the Furman game too.

great - everyone back for us......:). Was Kevious hurt bad or is he already practicing? I haven't heard much so I assume he is OK.
go paladins
Socon's winningest program
88' national champions
85' 01' national finalists
gofurman
True Terrier Fan

Postby fgs44 on Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:11 am

It is my understanding that Kevious is back. He sat on the sidelines for much of the last part of the SC game, but he did come back in---He was to be the pitch man on that last play, and it was him that ran the SC player down after picking up the blocked pitch. It did not appear that the ankle was bothering him---at least as far as I could tell from the tv. I have also heard rumors that Layton Baker may try to play. Whether or not that is the case, will be up to the Doctors I believe. I have'nt heard anything specific about Brian Kemp, but I believe the strategy for him was to hold him out until conference play began so as not to take any chances on his injury being set back by playing to early---
fgs44
True Terrier Fan

Postby terrierbob on Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:21 am

Who else from defense is out?
terrierbob

Return to Football