playing a 1A - USC and UNC

Southern Conference Champions - 2003, 2007, 2010, 2012
FCS Playoffs - 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016
FCS Playoff Semifinalists - 2003
FCS Playoff Quarterfinalists- 2016

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

playing a 1A - USC and UNC

Postby gofurman on Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:41 pm

not poor mouthing ... just facts...i think we both find ourselves at a bad position this week - USC wants to show they can score points in a bad way....UNC (who we play) really wasn't that bad against V Tech they just can't keep the ball "North Carolina outgained Virginia Tech 268-224, but the Hokies' punishing defense and special teams made the difference.
Tech intercepted four passes, recovered a fumble, blocked a punt in its second straight game and victimized North Carolina punter David Wooldridge for the second year in a row. "
They will want to vicitmize us...also they lost to Rutgers but Rutgers is pretty good this year (just beat Illinois 33-ZERO). Hopefully one of us can have a good showing... Hopefully no injuries for either team...
go paladins
Socon's winningest program
88' national champions
85' 01' national finalists
gofurman
True Terrier Fan

Postby Ruckus on Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:17 pm

Not to be a pessimist (i hope I don't get skewered for this), but FU has a much better opportunity Saturday than we do. If not for the advanatge ya'll would get over us in recruiting by winning (since we recruit the same type kid), I would really be pulling hard for you.
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby BestOfBreed on Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:34 pm

Ruckus wrote:Not to be a pessimist (i hope I don't get skewered for this), but FU has a much better opportunity Saturday than we do. If not for the advanatge ya'll would get over us in recruiting by winning (since we recruit the same type kid), I would really be pulling hard for you.

No skewering from me, I completely agree with you. Not sure either team has much of a chance though. Although, I did have a dream that Wofford won the other night :)
BestOfBreed
Site Admin

Postby Ruckus on Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:14 pm

I do think the 'Dins have a real shot. A good week for their offense to break out. They've got the horses to compete with the big boys.
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby gofurman on Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:58 pm

Ruckus wrote:I do think the 'Dins have a real shot. A good week for their offense to break out. They've got the horses to compete with the big boys.

Kind of you to say but I have seen our offense...not pretty right now on the O line...And, for both of us, this really is the least important game of the year - conference and playoffs are what we are playing for.
go paladins
Socon's winningest program
88' national champions
85' 01' national finalists
gofurman
True Terrier Fan

Return to Football