Southern Conference Champions - 2003, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2017
FCS Playoffs - 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016
FCS Playoff Semifinalists - 2003
FCS Playoff Quarterfinalists- 2016, 2017

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

BestOfBreeds 4th Quarter stick figure theatre

Postby BestOfBreed on Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:33 am

Edit - post deleted

This was supposed to be a somewhat humorous look at the emotional roller coaster ride that was the 4th quarter but I guess it lacked humor. It seemed funny at 1am when I originally posted it though.
Last edited by BestOfBreed on Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
BestOfBreed
Site Admin

Postby gofurman on Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:45 am

I am not piling on...tough loss...I wanted you all to win, esp OOC for the Socon to look good but durn - is their passing that good or is your pass D that bad..I saw the box score like 288 yards on 13 receptions? aer you all still without kemp and others at the corners?
go paladins
Socon's winningest program
88' national champions
85' 01' national finalists
gofurman
True Terrier Fan

Postby Terriertime on Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:38 am

Yes gofurman, we are still missing Kemp, along with our other top two corners (Grey and Dawkins). In fact, we were missing four defensive starters in Baker, Leventis, Kemp, and Dawkins. We had Brandon Berry playing corner (who starts at WR). It's hard to compete against a spread offense when you're missing that many people. IMHO, Coach Woody did as good as they could possible do considering the circumstances. As for the offense, I was very encouraged. We scored 38 pretty easily, something we could not do last year. As a fan, I am still very confident in this teams ability; however, this loss makes a win against Furman almost a must win. BOB, I do not think the criticism is justified considering the extreme circumstances.
Terriertime

Postby BestOfBreed on Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:51 am

Terriertime wrote: BOB, I do not think the criticism is justified considering the extreme circumstances.

No argument here. Lots of injuries on defense right now. I guess the hyperbole in the original post was missed. Sorry. I went ahead and deleted it.
BestOfBreed
Site Admin

Postby gofurman on Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:11 pm

Terriertime wrote:Yes gofurman, we are still missing Kemp, along with our other top two corners (Grey and Dawkins). In fact, we were missing four defensive starters in Baker, Leventis, Kemp, and Dawkins. We had Brandon Berry playing corner (who starts at WR). It's hard to compete against a spread offense when you're missing that many people. IMHO, Coach Woody did as good as they could possible do considering the circumstances. As for the offense, I was very encouraged. We scored 38 pretty easily, something we could not do last year. As a fan, I am still very confident in this teams ability; however, this loss makes a win against Furman almost a must win. BOB, I do not think the criticism is justified considering the extreme circumstances.

i hear ya'...man, that's a lot of guys out on one side of da' ball. Sorry for the loss.
go paladins
88' national champions
gofurman
True Terrier Fan

Postby gofurman on Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:48 pm

Terriertime wrote:Yes gofurman, we are still missing Kemp, along with our other top two corners (Grey and Dawkins). In fact, we were missing four defensive starters in Baker, Leventis, Kemp, and Dawkins. We had Brandon Berry playing corner (who starts at WR). It's hard to compete against a spread offense when you're missing that many people. IMHO, Coach Woody did as good as they could possible do considering the circumstances. As for the offense, I was very encouraged. We scored 38 pretty easily, something we could not do last year. As a fan, I am still very confident in this teams ability; however, this loss makes a win against Furman almost a must win. BOB, I do not think the criticism is justified considering the extreme circumstances.

Our O line better 'gel' or you can easily beat us...we have got real good D (hopefully no injuries this week) but we can hardly keep anyone out of our backfield. To our Defenses's credit they have given up 6 points in 2 games! (the other 14 were fumbles returned for TDs) But our Oline is killing our whole offensive game plan right now.
go paladins
88' national champions
gofurman
True Terrier Fan

Return to Football