Southern Conference Champions - 2003, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2017
FCS Playoffs - 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016
FCS Playoff Semifinalists - 2003
FCS Playoff Quarterfinalists- 2016, 2017

Moderators: dungeonjoe, BestOfBreed

Tailgating / Parking / Other Info

Postby rokamortis on Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:20 pm

Hey all -

A Coastal fan here. Just wanted to get some information on where to park, cost of parking, rules on tailgating and any other pertinent information.

All help is greatly appreciated. Good luck Saturday - although we need it more.
rokamortis

Postby BossTerrier on Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:44 pm

BossTerrier
2008 SoCon Pickem Co-Champ

Postby rokamortis on Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:19 pm

Thanks Boss - but I read that already and unfortunately it doesn't have any information that I need, that's why I posted here. The document you linked to is geared towards visiting teams and not fans.
rokamortis

Postby dungeonjoe on Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:24 pm

http://woffordcollege.org/uploadedFiles ... ing_06.pdf

try this one for parking;

based on what I see, I think the rules for tailgating must be fairly liberal. One of the ticket offices is below the scoreboard; that is usually the easiest place to get tickets.

PM me with any other questions. I hope we can work something out to meet.
dungeonjoe
True Terrier Fan

Postby rokamortis on Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:53 pm

Thanks DJ - that explains a lot. I'll hit you up tomorrow with a PM once I have everything finalized.

Do you know how much the public parking areas are? Are any lots designated or considered visitors parking? Are adult beverages allowed?
rokamortis

Postby dungeonjoe on Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:55 pm

Use lots "F" or "I" I cannot remember the cost--- seems like $5, but not much more. As I said based on what I have seen, I think the tailgating policy is farly liberal. As long as you are not drunk and disorderly, one should be okay.
dungeonjoe
True Terrier Fan

Postby rokamortis on Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:48 pm

Sounds good. I won't be drunk and disorderly but maybe buzzed and obnoxious :lol:
rokamortis

Directions......just in case

Postby Carolina Girl on Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:10 pm

I'm not sure that I will make the trip but just in case plans change, this is what I have in the way of directions.....
501 to 576W, 76W to 20W to 26W and exit 64B to Spartanburg. Can someone bring me in from there? Rok, if you have a better route on how to get there, please let me know. I know y'all don't know me but I get lost leaving Myrtle Beach :wink:
Thanks!!
Carolina Girl

Postby BestOfBreed on Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:42 pm

google maps is probably safer than me giving you directions.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q ... =UTF8&om=1

I would probably come in the back way in though. Pine Street (exit 72 on regular I-85). Straight on Pine Street for a few miles. Right at 1st light, quick left at 2nd light and veer to the right up a hill (Cummings Street I think).

My directions might suck though :)
BestOfBreed
Site Admin

Postby Carolina Girl on Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:16 pm

Thanks. I got my directions from Google Earth. Google seems to work better than Map Quest. Map Quest will take you all over the place sometimes. Since my directions don't show I-85, I will check out the link you provided. Thanks for the help! I'm starting to take drastic measures to make this trip possible!! :D
Carolina Girl

Postby Carolina Girl on Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:39 pm

What is the stadium's capacity? Do you guys expect it to be sold out or close? Any links to a diagram for the seating, etc?
Carolina Girl

Postby BestOfBreed on Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:32 pm

I highly doubt it will be sold out.

Seating layout:
http://woffordcollege.org/athletics/images/seating.gif

Capacity: 13,000 including the hill
BestOfBreed
Site Admin

Postby Carolina Girl on Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:53 pm

BestOfBreed wrote:I highly doubt it will be sold out.

Seating layout:
http://woffordcollege.org/athletics/images/seating.gif

Capacity: 13,000 including the hill

Cool. Thanks. I wish sometimes we had that much general admission seating. My tickets are in the same place every season. It would be cool to get a different view of the game from time to time. We have seat nazis that take great pride in making sure everyone is in their assigned seat!
I think that I saw on your website that the will call box is under the scoreboard which is where I hope to be able to get that ticket tomorrow.....
LET'S GO COASTAL!!!!!
Carolina Girl

Return to Football