Nice Win!!

Southern Conference Champions - 2003, 2007, 2010, 2012
FCS Playoffs - 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016
FCS Playoff Semifinalists - 2003
FCS Playoff Quarterfinalists- 2016

Moderators: dungeonjoe, BestOfBreed

Nice Win!!

Postby BestOfBreed on Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:21 pm

Great game. Great weather. Big changes on defense at the half.

Sadly, come home to find the site got hacked but luckily I had a backup.
BestOfBreed
Site Admin

Postby Eyes of Old Main on Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:41 pm

I listened to the game via the web. There were some negatives, but a lot more positives. They hung in there when they could have let the game slip away and made the proper adjustments on defense to take over the game. The offense did well and could be even better when some of the mental mistakes are addressed. Plus, it was great to have KJ back in the mix. All in all, a great start to the season.

Wofford better get ready for next week because Coastal is going to be VERY motivated after losing to Elon.
Eyes of Old Main
True Terrier Fan

Postby BossTerrier on Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:59 pm

Eyes of Old Main wrote:I listened to the game via the web. There were some negatives, but a lot more positives. They hung in there when they could have let the game slip away and made the proper adjustments on defense to take over the game. The offense did well and could be even better when some of the mental mistakes are addressed. Plus, it was great to have KJ back in the mix. All in all, a great start to the season.

Wofford better get ready for next week because Coastal is going to be VERY motivated after losing to Elon.

sure, but they LOST to Elon. Has to make you feel better about our chances. Go terriers!
BossTerrier
2008 SoCon Pickem Co-Champ

Postby Eyes of Old Main on Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:56 pm

BossTerrier wrote:sure, but they LOST to Elon. Has to make you feel better about our chances. Go terriers!

Granted, Elon is Elon and that makes Coastal's two last games losses to Charleston Southern and Elon, but Coach Bennett is a good coach and I think will have them rebounded and ready to play. Whether that means they are in a slump or just not very good I don't know, but I think it's more likely they get up off the mat and fight that much harder rather than lay down. But, I agree, the loss to Elon is a good sign for Wofford's chances.

Either way, I think the fact that Wofford changed gears and figured out a way to deal with SC State is a good sign because mid-game adjustments weren't the Terriers strongest suit last season.
Eyes of Old Main
True Terrier Fan

Postby BossTerrier on Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:49 pm

Eyes of Old Main wrote:
BossTerrier wrote:sure, but they LOST to Elon. Has to make you feel better about our chances. Go terriers!

Granted, Elon is Elon and that makes Coastal's two last games losses to Charleston Southern and Elon, but Coach Bennett is a good coach and I think will have them rebounded and ready to play. Whether that means they are in a slump or just not very good I don't know, but I think it's more likely they get up off the mat and fight that much harder rather than lay down. But, I agree, the loss to Elon is a good sign for Wofford's chances.

Either way, I think the fact that Wofford changed gears and figured out a way to deal with SC State is a good sign because mid-game adjustments weren't the Terriers strongest suit last season.

I didn't go to the game, and our worthless website was useless in gathering any info about the game, but I was able to read about the events on the herald journal website. It sounds as though we could had several chances to score more than we did, but made several game one mistakes that we'll hopefully take care of for this coming game.
BossTerrier
2008 SoCon Pickem Co-Champ

Postby BestOfBreed on Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:11 pm

I joked with my wife in the car on the way home that the punter for SC State might have had a better rushing average than his punting average. I was wrong but it was close.

Averaged 20 yards per rush
Averaged 22 yards punt
BestOfBreed
Site Admin

Postby Eyes of Old Main on Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:30 pm

BestOfBreed wrote:I joked with my wife in the car on the way home that the punter for SC State might have had a better rushing average than his punting average. I was wrong but it was close.

Averaged 20 yards per rush
Averaged 22 yards punt

I thought nearly the same thing. His fake punt rush and subsequent fumble was a better field position result than most of his punts.

I wasn't there, was he just that bad, or were we putting that much pressure on him that he was choking?
Eyes of Old Main
True Terrier Fan

Postby BestOfBreed on Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:43 pm

We didn't pressure him much after the roughing penalty early on. He was just that bad. IMHO, special teams played a huge role in Wofford winning. SC State's short kickoffs that they employed to keep the ball out of the hands of Kevious seemed to backfire on them. The only time a remember starting inside our own 35 was on the Kevious long run.
BestOfBreed
Site Admin

Postby Sly Fox on Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:51 am

Very nice win, indeed. I'm looking forward to seeing how this Saturday's game goes down.
Sly Fox

Postby Wingbone on Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:01 am

It was a great start for the Terriers -- SC State is fast and big -

I thought we had a great team effort -

Need to keep it up next week. Especially the 2nd half defensive effort --Held SC State to 71 yards in the 2nd half.
Wingbone

Wofford on the radio

Postby TURKEYCREEK on Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:49 am

You can listen to the game at www.espn1400.com
TURKEYCREEK
2008 Bowl Pickem Co-Champ

Postby PhoenixDad on Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:58 am

Good win guys ..... SC State is no pushover, that's for sure. I'm rooting for you against Coastal next week.
PhoenixDad

Postby canman on Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:57 pm

Great game. Great turnout.
canman

Return to Football