FCS Playoffs - 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016
FCS Playoff Semifinalists - 2003
FCS Playoff Quarterfinalists- 2016

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Matt Dougherty picks Wofford

Postby BestOfBreed on Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:34 am

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.as ... 038127.htm

South Carolina State (0-0) at Wofford (0-0), 7:00

With its status as a top contender in the MEAC cemented, South Carolina State will once again search for that key non-conference win that could catapult it into a playoff spot through an at-large bid. The Bulldogs lost a nail-biter against Coastal Carolina on their way to a 9-2 finish last season, and dropped an equally close home date against Wofford in 2004. Now the Bulldogs have both of those teams on the road, so they will need to be sharp right away to avoid relying on earning the MEAC’s automatic bid. While Wofford has slipped some in the past few seasons, it still presents a tough matchup for the Bulldogs. The Terriers racked up 283 rushing yards per game with a well-run option offense last year, and will always be a threat on the ground. With Kevious Johnson back at tailback, they could produce at an even greater clip this year. The South Carolina State defense lost a few quality players up front, and could have its hands full with the option attack. Cleveland McCoy and the Bulldog offense should score some points, but the Terriers play well at home and will do just enough to pin another close loss on the Bulldogs. Prediction: Wofford 28, South Carolina State 24
Last edited by BestOfBreed on Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
BestOfBreed
Site Admin

Postby Ruckus on Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:46 am

I hope for 3 things Saturday: We contain their speed. Prevent the big play. Get consistent play from our qb. We will do okay if those happen. On whole, our DL and LBs still scare me a little.
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby Wingbone on Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:05 pm

Agree Ruckus

Our offense needs to put those classic long drives -control the clock and score -- We can't afford to have many long drives and not score.

I'll also take KJ with a kick-off return for TD (like he did last time we met)
Wingbone

Postby BestOfBreed on Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:31 pm

Ruckus wrote:I hope for 3 things Saturday: We contain their speed. Prevent the big play. Get consistent play from our qb. We will do okay if those happen. On whole, our DL and LBs still scare me a little.

Our qb play worries me the most :(

I can't wait to see freshman halfback Jeremy Marshall.
BestOfBreed
Site Admin

Postby Ruckus on Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:00 pm

who is returning kicks? Marshall? KJ? Has KJ regained his speed and form?
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby BestOfBreed on Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:23 pm

Ruckus wrote:who is returning kicks? Marshall? KJ? Has KJ regained his speed and form?

Marshall would be a possibility. Filmon Dawkins is another possibility but with Kemp out I don't know if I would risk Dawkins returning kicks this week. Romero could be back there too I guess. Not sure about KJ at this point.
BestOfBreed
Site Admin

Postby Wingbone on Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:51 pm

Last I heard KJ was back for kicks (that was last week) -- What's up with the game media guide? When is that going to be published?
Wingbone

Return to Football