new Wofford website

Southern Conference Champions - 2003, 2007, 2010, 2012
FCS Playoffs - 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016
FCS Playoff Semifinalists - 2003
FCS Playoff Quarterfinalists- 2016

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

new Wofford website

Postby dungeonjoe on Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:57 pm

don't know if you subscribe to the weekly email the athletic department has, but they celebrate 6 days until the launch of the new Wofford website. I hope it stays more up to date than the current website.
dungeonjoe
True Terrier Fan

Postby BestOfBreed on Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:06 pm

I missed that when I read it earlier but see it now. Cool. It can only be an improvement at this point.

Side note:
I checked to see if maybe they were going to use woffordterriers.com as the athletic website but some dude in Laurens owns that domain. If you go to that site it forwards you to a movie site for the movie "The Ironman". From what I could gather, the movie is based on a true story and the preview makes it look like an NC-17 movie. You have been warned.
BestOfBreed
Site Admin

Postby woffwoff on Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:40 pm

I can't wait to see the new site- what great news.
Anybody watchin the fall drills?
Terriertime-what do you know?
How is KJ lookin?
what's what with the qb's??
woffwoff

Postby Terriertime on Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:10 pm

I am very impressed with what I have seen so far. I hate to get too excited this early; however, I think this could be a special group of guys. The little practice time I have actually seen looks very intense, which is impressive to me b/c the Terriers are practicing at 3 o'clock, and it is usually about mid 90's in Spartanburg right now. I'm telling you, I really think this team is flying under the radar, but that means nothing until they start proving it on Saturdays, which I can't wait to see! Go Terriers!
Terriertime

Postby Puppyfan on Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:43 pm

Well, the new website looks oddly like the old website. :twisted: :twisted:
maybe later today?................................................
Puppyfan

Postby WoCo32 on Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:17 pm

I think the new website was going to be released in '6 days.' The article appeared on the 'old' website last Thursday or Friday so hopefully the new one will be up and running by the weekend.

In an aside to the original post regarding the website being unsatisfactory at best...it really fell off when Mark Cohen left Wofford to go to TCU with Danny Morrison. Mark kept the website posted with up to date info and he really did a good job with football and basketball in particular.
WoCo32

Postby Puppyfan on Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:46 am

The Around the waterbowl date was the 9th, so, in theory......

No matter, I am happy they are thinking about upgrading the site.

Anyone out to watch the scrimmage tonight?
Puppyfan

Postby canman on Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:18 pm

the new website should be running now shouldn't it?
canman

new website

Postby TURKEYCREEK on Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:58 pm

I have seen a rough of it and it is very nice and alot more interactive. It should be online now, but isnt. The domain will still be wofford.edu
TURKEYCREEK
2008 Bowl Pickem Co-Champ

Postby WoCo32 on Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:12 am

I am ready for this new website. I am tired of waiting 3-4 days between articles too. I hope the new website includes new writers for football and basketball.
WoCo32

Postby canman on Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:18 pm

i hope the new athletics page is a lot more attractive. it needs more spark and pictures. MOST OF ALL-i hope it stays up to date
canman

Postby Puppyfan on Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:02 am

what is up with the roll out of the new web page?
Does anyone know?
Puppyfan

Postby WoCo32 on Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:28 am

Seriously, no new articles since Tuesday, August 15? I look at other schools websites and they have a practice update every single day as well as different game previews and quotes from coaches and players and all sorts of information. We have nothing.
WoCo32

Return to Football