Offense

Southern Conference Champions - 2003, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2017
FCS Playoffs - 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016
FCS Playoff Semifinalists - 2003
FCS Playoff Quarterfinalists- 2016, 2017

Moderators: dungeonjoe, BestOfBreed

Offense

Postby woffwoff on Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:32 am

Josh did a great job yesterday! The oline got better as the game went on.
Defense is Awesome and Katon is a Beast!! GO TERRIERS

Thoughts on App State?
woffwoff

Postby BestOfBreed on Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:12 pm

Josh needed the confidence that he hopefully got yesterday. Katon is the man! I hated seeing Hobbs get hurt though. He'll be missed.

App State is going to be tough to beat. The offense is going to have to play their best game of the season for the Terriers to have a chance.
BestOfBreed
Site Admin

Postby dungeonjoe on Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:23 pm

I don't know how deep we are at the back positions, but we certainly are getting the test. I think the key is what someone from Furman said on the other thread, ball control. We have done that in the past, just not so well lately. Inconsistent is probably a better way to put it.
dungeonjoe
True Terrier Fan

Postby FUonetime on Sun Oct 16, 2005 5:19 pm

Yeah, that was me. How can I put this plainly: Richie Williams is a defensive coordinator's worst nightmare. The more he stays on the bench, the less he preys on your DBs. Furman won the time of possession stat (the world's most overrated stat, except in this case) and ... well I think the results speak for themselves.
FUonetime

Postby trojans2176 on Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:31 pm

woffwoff,

You have a great coaching staff and I am sure they will have something special for App on Saturday.

As far as App is concerned, with Richie and our OL we can pass and we can run. It amazes me what we can do and apparently amazes our offensive coordinator who has to be reminded that yes we can run. On defense we have very quick ends and we play well as a team. As Coach Moore told me after the FU loss, "I feel for the kids, however, this game may have made our season." We are playing well and we scare the pants off our competition.

That being said, you do have a great staff and I am very nervous coming to your place. Our last visit to your place was and eye opener to say the least.

Best of luck to the success of your board and your teams!

Go Apps!
trojans2176

Postby BestOfBreed on Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:55 pm

The sad thing is App won't even miss a beat with Trey Elder in there next year. It's not fair that you guys probably have 2 of the 3 best QBs in the league right now :)
BestOfBreed
Site Admin

Return to Football