playoffs

Southern Conference Champions - 2003, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2017
FCS Playoffs - 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016
FCS Playoff Semifinalists - 2003
FCS Playoff Quarterfinalists- 2016, 2017

Moderators: dungeonjoe, BestOfBreed

Re: playoffs

Postby youngterrier on Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:21 pm

I think the only indicator of how beatable NDSU is is hindsight. Meaning, I'll believe they are "the most beatable" once/if we beat them.

But I like our chances against them compared to last time (we have a better offense this go-round)

But once again, it's irrelevant if we don't take care of business December 3rd.

We just have to play one game at a time.
Study hard, Work Hard, Party Hard, Go Terriers!
youngterrier
True Terrier Fan

Postby fgs44 on Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:19 pm

lets just win the rest of our games-- :D :D :D
fgs44
True Terrier Fan

Postby boulder3m on Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:20 pm

As soon as I get my email about buying tickets there will be a purchase. There is a dislike of both E-loan and Furr-man in my household. Could care less who we play, but I remember one Saturday afternoon at Elon when EB broke the record! I think I remember another when Bersin made a game winning catch! Those events and others ran them out of the South and into the CAA.
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Postby youngterrier on Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:31 am

"Furman feels like we didn't deserve it, but we're gonna show them we deserved it" -Chase Nelson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFnnqG6SpDg

I liked this attitude
Study hard, Work Hard, Party Hard, Go Terriers!
youngterrier
True Terrier Fan

Postby WTFan on Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:36 am

Personally, I am excited about our draw. I am sick and tired of hearing about how good Furman is and when they were in the SOCON I always thought LEON was overrated. I hope our boys destroy whichever team manages to survive. I really hope it is Furman as it would be a big crowd and great atmosphere. As for NDSU, well we were the first warm weather team to beat Montana at Montana in playoffs might as well go do the same thing in Fargo. We owe them one from the last game up there when we FORGOT TO CALL EB'S NUMBER when it counted!!!! Hopefully we'll get another shot at them. If we're going to win it all then it really doesn't matter which team is next! If you have doubts about this team, listen to RJ Taylor's interview on the Short Haired Dog's podcast. He knows what they are made of. Can't wait until December 2nd. GO TERRIERS!
WTFan
True Terrier Fan

Postby Peachy Carnahan on Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:35 pm

Well said 19. =D>
Peachy Carnahan
Junior Terrier

Postby 19TERRIER19 on Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:51 pm

I PROMISE YOU....this team doesn't care 1 iota about Furman being in the bracket. They would love nothing else than to beat them again. We are SEEDED in the playoffs. Coming off a 10 win season a year ago and a Quarterfinal run in the playoffs, we are right back with a SEED, a BYE, and our shot at this years Quarterfinals are at OUR HOUSE and will be against 1 of 2 opponents we know very well, 1 of which is our conference rival, WHATS BETTER THAN THIS??????

We are in a great spot, with a team I feel like can beat any team in the FCS.....BAR NONE. AND OUR GUYS HAVE BEEN THERE BEFORE...This season of tough, close contests, mixed with playoff experience puts us in a great spot. BRING ON ALL CHALLENGERS!!! ITS THE BEST TIME OF YEAR....
19TERRIER19
True Terrier Fan

Postby OlRB#3 on Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:55 pm

Just waiting to buy my tickets and start that drive north to Sparkle City next week!! Can’t wait for this game regardless of who we play!!
OlRB#3
True Terrier Fan

Postby T-Dog 4 on Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:14 pm

19TERRIER19 wrote:I PROMISE YOU....this team doesn't care 1 iota about Furman being in the bracket. They would love nothing else than to beat them again. We are SEEDED in the playoffs. Coming off a 10 win season a year ago and a Quarterfinal run in the playoffs, we are right back with a SEED, a BYE, and our shot at this years Quarterfinals are at OUR HOUSE and will be against 1 of 2 opponents we know very well, 1 of which is our conference rival, WHATS BETTER THAN THIS??????

We are in a great spot, with a team I feel like can beat any team in the FCS.....BAR NONE. AND OUR GUYS HAVE BEEN THERE BEFORE...This season of tough, close contests, mixed with playoff experience puts us in a great spot. BRING ON ALL CHALLENGERS!!! ITS THE BEST TIME OF YEAR....

+1 If Furples v. Elon is a physical game which I have no doubt it will be, and we get the chance to heal, rest, fine tune and watch film, that is a significant advantage... Plus, a second win over the Furples in the same season has to be on every Terrier's Christmas list, right?

Let's go you SHD's !
To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society.
-Theodore Roosevelt
T-Dog 4
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:23 pm

We should be able to go 2 deep with experienced healthy well-rested guys. BUT must focus and do what we do.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby Terrier13 on Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:02 pm

I think the biggest problem with our playoff draw is that our triple option offense is so difficult to prepare for in 1 week, and we'll be playing against teams that are already familiar with it. I remember when we played UNH a while back and it was great because they hadn't played against the triple option before. This is a tough draw for Wofford. Additionally, one of the other fun things about the playoffs is the potential for cross country matchups. By giving us a potential SoCon rematch, it takes some of the excitement out of it.
Terrier13
True Terrier Fan

Previous

Return to Football